Weekend Treatment Group - Panic Disorder & Social Anxiety Disorder
This intensive cognitive-behavioral therapy is designed specifically for those diagnosed with panic disorder or social anxiety disorder.
Click on the links to the left for upcoming dates and locations, travel and accommodations, and registration. (Please note that registration must include a referral from a health professional who has diagnosed you in the past.)
Group Psychologist: Reid Wilson, PhD
9:30 AM – 1 PM
- Assessing your problem & targeting your symptoms
- Can your personality be anxiety-prone?
- Everything you need to know about hyperventilation
- Two big ways you can gain control of panic
- Crutches that keep you safe but keep you trapped
- The essential breathing & relaxation skills: do you need them?
2:30 – 5:30 PM
- Recovering from social anxieties
- Handling unwanted worries
- Handling anxious physical symptoms
- How to talk yourself through anxious moments
- How to go on the attack against panic
Today we will work individually and as a group to create your personal program of recovery and to practice the key skills of recovery. We will do this in a safe environment and at each person’s own pace.
8:30 AM – noon
- How to win the anxiety game
- Designing your personal cognitive-behavioral plan
- Practicing here as a group
- Creating progressive at-home assignments
- Setting realistic tasks for yourself
1:30 – 4:00 PM
- Guidelines for skill practice
- Ways to track your progress and handle setbacks
- The latest information about medications that can help
- How to get support from family, friends and health professionals
Upcoming Treatment Groups:
Durham, North Carolina
2-day intensive treatment group specifically for any individuals who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder. These groups are by referral only. Limited to 8 clients.Phone: 919-942-0700Fax: email@example.com